Lasaniya Batata RecipeCuisine: Gujarati
Lasaniya Batata Recipe: Lasaniya Batata is a spicy garlic-flavored potato dish from Gujarat. Potatoes are cooked with a blend of spices and garlic, giving it a robust flavor.
1 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tblsp oil
3/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 cup yogurt
10 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander powder
300 gms, baby potatoes
1 tblsp coriander leaves chopped
oil to fry
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Take off the potatoes and slit from the centre, but do not split.
- Heat up oil and fry till golden on medium heat.
- Heat up 2 tblsp of oil in a kadhai,
- Mix in cumin seeds and stir fry till they crackle.
- Mix in cut garlic and stir fry for a while, but do not let it brown.
- Then mix in gram flour and stir fry for another five minutes on a slow heat.
- Mix in coriander powder, garam masala powder,
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir fry for one minute.
- Take off the kadhai from heat up and mix in yogurt, a little water.
- Mix and stir fry again.
- Mix in half the cut coriander and the fried potatoes.
- Stir fry on a very slow heat up for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot decorated with the remaining cut coriander.