Aloo Phulkopir Dalnae RecipeCuisine: Bengali
Aloo Phulkobir Dalnae Recipe: Aloo Phulkobir Dalnae is a Bengali curry made with potatoes, cauliflower, and spices. It’s a flavorful dish often served with rice or chapatis.
1 tblsp red chilli powder
1 tblsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala whole
500 gms potatoes
2 tblsp ghee
2 tblsp ghee
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 kg cauliflower
2 tblsp coriander powder
4 medium tomatoes
2 medium onions
2 bay leaves
oil to deep fry
4 tblsp mustard oil
- Take off and cut the potatoes into quarters,
- Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets,
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Take off and cut the onions.
- Heat up oil in a pot and when very hot fry the potatoes lightly and drain.
- Then fry the florets of cauliflower till they turn a little brown.
- Remove and keep it aside.
- Take off the oil.
- In the same pot heat up ghee and mix in the bay leaves
- And then the whole garam masala and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Mix in cut onion and fry till golden in colour.
- Mix in the masala powders and stir fry for a minute,
- See that the masala does not stick to the bottom.
- Mix in a tblsp of water if necessary.
- Mix in the potatoes, cauliflower and the tomatoes.
- Stir fry for a while.
- Mix in a cup of water, cover and stir fry over medium heat.
- Stir from time to time.
- Take off from heat up when the vegetables are cooked and nearly dry.