1 teaspoon urad dal
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 whole dry red chilies
2 teaspoon coarsely ground ground nuts
A small bunch of curry leaves
4 cups water
1 small raw jackfruit
1 tablespoon oil
1 1/2 tablespoon tamarind pulp
3 green chilies, chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon chana dal
How to make Panasapattu Curry
- Peel and cut the jackfruit into small cubes by rubbing oil in your hands.
- Now add turmeric in water and boil the jackfruit for around fifteen minutes till it is tender.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the green chilies, chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds whole red chilies, ground nuts and curry leaves.
- Once they start spluttering, add tamarind paste and a little water.
- Now add the boiled jackfruit and mix well.
- Serve hot with steaming rice.