1 small onion chopped
3 whole red chilies crushed
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
A bunch of curry leaves
2 c curd
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon fenugreek powder (methi powder)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
A pinch of turmeric.
How to make Moru Kalan
- Heat oil in a pan and put in the mustard seeds.
- Once they start spluttering, add the curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
- Saut it for twoo minutes and add the chopped onion and red chilies.
- Fry it for a few minutes and then add the dry powders.
- Lower the heat and add the pre-beaten curd.
- You will need to keep stirring it continuously to make sure that it does not boil.
- Keep checking for steam and immediately remove from stove.
- Add salt and mix well.
- You can store it in glass jars in the refrigerator.