This is a poori which is made up of maida and sooji flour. This is mainly made on some festival occasions. These pooris can be served with the chana dal or chole sabji. This is very famous north Indian type of roti.
Butter (Ghee): – 4 tea spoon
Water: – 2-4 cups
Sooji : – 100 gms
Sugar: – 80-100 gms
Maida (flour) : – ½ Kg
Cardamom powder: – 1 tea spoon
Cashews: – 15 (chopped)
Almond: – 6-7 (chopped)
Oil: – 5-6 tea spoon for frying the pooris
Coconut: – 50 gms
Method of preparation:
- Take oil into the hand and then properly rub the maida into your hand.
- Take a plate, take a flour of maida and also add the water into it. Make a bread of it without making it too soft.
- Take a pan and add some ghee into it. Keep it on a flame and add the coconut into it. Fry the coconut until it becomes slight pink color.
- Now took the coconut away and then add sooji into and roast it in the same container.
- Make a powder of sugar mix cardamom powder, sooji and coconut into it. Mix it properly. Also mix the almond and cashews in it.
- Now make the small circle shape pooris of the dough/bread.
- Properly fold the pooris to make a shape of half moon and tranquil it properly.
- Fry these pooris and server it hot.