500 gm aloo (potatoes) – peeled, boiled
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup yogurt-beaten smooth
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp coriander leaves
How to make Aloo Rassewale
- Break the potatoes, by holding them in your palm and closing your fists.
- Heat oil and add the badis in very briefly-just put them in, quickly turn them over and remove from oil, keep aside. They should barely get darkened.
- In the same oil, add cumin, when it splutters, add the potatoes and fry over high flame but just slightly. Add salt, turmeric and badis.
- Stir-fry till mixed well. Add enough water to cover the potatoes and badis, bring to a boil and simmer, till the badis get soft, but hold their shape.
- Add the yogurt and mix well and serve the aloo badi curry immediately garnished with coriander leaves.