2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
4 Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
Salt to taste
1-1/2 tbsp Oil
For the puree
4 Cloves garlic
2 Green chilies
1 Piece very small ginger
How to make Aloo Ki Sabji
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks and slightly mash them. Keep it aside.
- Blend all the ingredients of puree to form a smooth paste, keep it aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a non stick heavy base skillet and add cumin seeds.
- Allow spluttering and then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and wait for 10 seconds.
- Now mix the puree and saute for 2-3 minutes until the raw smell is gone and oil appears on the sides of the skillet.
- Add potatoes and 2 cups of water.
- Simmer it for about 15 minutes.
- Aloo curry is ready to serve with rice or roti.