A pinch asafetida
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
2 teaspoon coriander powder
500 gram aloo (potatoes) boiled and peeled
1 tbsp ginger-finely sliced
2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
3-4 green chillies
2 tablespoon clarified butter
1 tablespoon coriander leaves-chopped
How to make Aloo Dahi Wale
- Break the aloo (potatoes), by holding each in the palm of your hand and closing the fist. Keep these unevenly broken potatoes aside until further use.
- Heat the ghee, add cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin splutters, add ginger and sauté till slightly fried.
- Lower the flame, add yogurt 1 tbsp at a time, stirring vigorously until all of it is well blended.
- Add garam masala, coriander, salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir a few times until well mixed, add potatoes and green chillies, turn around over high heat, until they look slightly fried.
- Add about 2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Serve aloo dahi wale hot, garnished with coriander leaves.